Teleradiology Overview – why teleradiology services benefits the community, the clinician and the radiologist.
- Recent years have seen an increasing global shortage of radiologists and skilled manpower in radiology
- An ageing population across the globe with greater prevalence of cancer, heart disease and cerebrovascular diseases, all requiring imaging technologies for their detection and follow-up
- Rapid evolution of high-speed and high-resolution technologies with newer modalities now available for diagnosis = 64 slice CT, Ultrafast 3 Tesla MRI
- An increasing need for emergency services with radiology being the key to diagnosis.
- Turnaround times for reports are critical in delivering timely treatment. In the emergency setting these need to be as short as 30 minutes while in outpatient setting, 24-36 hours is becoming the standard expectation
For all these reasons and more, teleradiology represents an idea whose time has come.
Teleradiology is a key means for optimization of radiology workflow, by bringing the images to the radiologist rather than vice versa.
Experience the benefits that teleradiology can provide your clinic/hospital/radiology group/health system/organization by spending a few moments on our website